The only way I can get Elsa to stand still for a photo is to turn the camera round and take a selfie! I try and cut myself out of them most of the time though because I hardly ever wear makeup anymore 😉
1. Her fear of spiders is getting out of hand. If she sees a bit of fluff or dust on the floor she completely freaks out and won’t go anywhere near it. She will often come running in to fetch me if she thinks she sees a spider when she is playing 🙁 It’s so strange because it isn’t a learned behaviour at all so I don’t know what has caused it.
2. Most of the time she is happy and in a good mood and she really only has tantrums when she wants someone to read to her and they won’t or if you ask her to do something she doesn’t want to do. The tantrums are few and far between but when she starts they are pretty bad! I have to just put her in her cot so she can’t hurt herself and walk away to let her calm herself down. It usually works pretty well.
3. She has decided that she loves Makka Pakka from In The Night Garden which is frustrating because I just booked tickets to see the live show and there was a choice between the Iggle Piggle show and Makka Pakka so I went for Iggle Piggle because she has always preferred him! Oh well. I guess she might change her mind again before July.
4. She has learned lots of new words recently including dinosaur, yogurt and apple. Sometimes she puts a few words together now too like ‘Mommy sleep’ or ‘PB where are you?’ and I still can’t believe how quickly she seems to learn new things.
5. She’s started to pick up the words and actions for Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and it makes me laugh every time she does it!
6. She’s almost mastered colours! She now knows yellow, pink, brown, blue, red, black and green. I am trying to teach her purple and white but she hasn’t got those yet.
7. She can count a little of the way to 10 and recognises the numbers 1, 2 and 3 written down.
8. She’s trying to learn the alphabet song and when it gets to W she just makes a funny ‘blubblublub’ noise. I’ve got some really good free Fisher Price apps on my iPhone and her favourite at the moment is the numbers, colours and alphabet one so I guess that’s why she’s suddenly learning all of that.
9. Her hair is out of control. It’s pretty much a full on mullet now and I try to tie it up in a little ponytail but she gets annoyed with it and takes it out.
10. Her favourite toys are her puzzles and pairs cards. If I ask her what she wants to do she always says ‘pubbles’ and gets her Doc McStuffins puzzles out. She can’t do them but she likes to pass me the pieces and then put everything back in the box at the end. She also likes her In The Night Garden pairs cards and when she finds a matching pair she gives them to me and says ‘Same!’ but sometimes she gets it wrong!